Fraleigh Family Collection - Photographs, farm business records and land records (deeds, leases) relating to the Fraleigh family's Rose Hill Farm. Also includes personal and business records of neighboring farmer, William S. Teator, personal diaries and letters of the Curtis family, and genealogical research files on Fraleigh, Curtis, Beaumont and Waldorf families.
Frank L. Teal Papers - Surveys, field notes, maps and deeds by Red Hook's Frank Teal (1867-1949), surveyor, historian, mathematician - and (unsolved to this day!) murder victim.
William S. Teator Collection - Includes personal and business letters, farm records and almost 300 images from glass negatives of scenes, people, family groups, and buildings in and about Upper Red Hook taken by William Seward (Will) Teator (1860-1930), between 1890 and 1910. Teator was a self-taught conchologist, accomplished artist, farmer and blue ribbon apple grower. For selected images, visit Hudson River Valley Heritage.
Harriet Martin Dey Collection - Evocative glass-plate images from 1899-90 by Harriet Martin, a member of one of Red Hook’s oldest families. This one shows an art class in a Red Hook School, circa 1899. For selected images, visit Hudson River Valley Heritage.
Red Hook Map Collection - Originals and reproductions of some of Red Hook’s oldest maps, including this 1815 view of Red Hook as a town after separation from Rhinebeck.
Red Hook Newspaper Collection – More than a century of local history, from the first Red Hook Weekly Journal, in 1859, through the Red Hook Advertiser of 1966. Collection includes an almost complete run of the quirky but incomparable Barrytown Explorer (1958-1982). The earliest papers (1859-1918) can be searched online at Search FultonHistory.
The Red Hook Society for the Apprehension and Detention of Horse Thieves - Two societies formed to protect farmers from losing their most valuable possessions, their horses, to thieves, met regularly in the Town of Red Hook during the 19th century. The oldest, dating from 1796, meets once a year to this day. Original minute books for both societies can be viewed Hudson River Valley Heritage.